Wednesday 8 June 2011

Incise

Incise
Incise is someone that I have only recently found a love for. After getting introduced to Nujabes [RIP] as late as Spring  2009, I had some catching up to do within the Jazz-Hop scene. After absolutely killing out Modal Soul and First Collection, I quickly moved onto appreciate conscious hip-hop artists (see other post for more on that).

This left me out of the jazz-hop scene for quite a while, with no progression being made. Until I started following BOB42JH's compilations, which erupted me to search deeper than where I had before. This lead me to fantastic artists, such as Polish producer Kondor, and London's man, Thomas Prime. Still, neither of those artists gripped me as much as Incise did.

From Toronto, Canada, this youngster burst through the scene after starting his career in 2002. In 2004 he appeared to mix for Canada DMC and has been producing slick beats ever since. Teaming up with people like Nieve, 49ers and Shad, as well as other great artists, this guy turns rap conceived by emotionally realistic rappers (as shown in the song Rising) into pleasant easy listening with a deeper meaning.

I would recommend his albums to anyone wanting to get further into the scene.

http://uploading.com/files/d3eef9b1/Incise%2B-%2BNobody%2527s%2BStory%2B%25282010%2529.rar/


-
V

No comments:

Post a Comment