Wednesday 15 June 2011

DCFC - We Have The Facts and We're Voting Yes

Album Art

Death Cab for Cutie are one of my favourite bands, and it annoys me that people do not give them a chance even though Ben Gibbard, as one of the best lyrical poets I have ever come across, writes some of the deepest and melodic songs you will ever open your ears to. So if you haven't given one of their albums a try yet: do it.


All of their albums have had their time with me, originally hearing 'I will possess your heart' back in 2009 after a friend of mine started getting into them. I was hooked, I don't think I listened to much else over the Summer of '09 and I do not regret doing so. I have watched myself appreciate different songs at different times of emotional highs (or indeed, lows) and have dug to enjoy yet relate to the songs that Ben writes.

There most recent release was titled 'Codes and Keys' and went on sale on the 31st of May. Personally, I found this album disappointing, but maybe it was just different. I've become accustomed to non-repetitive lyrics and heavily guitar influenced music, which is something I feel Codes and Keys lacks.


Although I would recommend all people trying to get into this band through their 2005 release 'Plans', I have come to love their 2000 album titled: We Have The Facts and We're Voting Yes. I don't know which song I like the best on this beautiful album, its a toss up between 'For What Reason' and 'Company Calls', but it certainly tells thrilling exciting yet moving story of a man in love throughout the album. If you like indie music, make sure you get this album downloaded, and listen to it in full radiohead mode.

Note: If you watch the music video for 'You Are a Tourist' you will see an enactment of the album cover towards the beginning.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jzdj5nezyeg

-
V

No comments:

Post a Comment