Tuesday 14 June 2011

Arts The BeatDoctor - Progressions 2008


Arts the Beatdoctor, a project from Utrecht, The Netherlands are a new find for me, they are a bit different to the jazz hop producers I usually listen to, infact I'd say some of his beats lean towards glitch-hop. However, teaming up with Dutch rapper Pete Philly [who I am big fan of after being introduced to him by a good friend of mine] to create some fresh beats with Philly's great flow. That doesn't leave out the other artist that feature on this EP though, with Pax doing the lyrics for Sleep, perhaps my favourite track on the EP. Skiggy Rapz also does the rapping for other tracks on their album titled 'Transitions'.

The cherry on the cake for me concerning this artist, was the fact that one of my best dutch friends has a cousin had done work with them as the bassist. A small world indeed, friends.

I hope you can all appreciate this EP. Make sure to check their website out, too:

http://www.artsthebeatdoctor.com/

Link to Progressions EP:

http://uploading.com/files/5ma8292b/ATBD%2B-%2BProgressions.rar/

No comments:

Post a Comment