Saturday 3 September 2011

Los Campesinos! - Hold On Now Youngster

The start of 2010 I  heard of Los Campesinos! from a friend, who gave me 'Year In Lists' to start with. Quite rapidly, I developed a like for them and listened to little else apart from their at the time 3 albums until around May, when I saw them as part of dot2dot festival, Manchester. The gig was probably the most emotional personally that I have ever been to and one of the most enjoyable. Their album 'Hold On Now, Youngster' was actually the last album I purchased! (i support bands via attire and sometimes digital downloads as much as I can, as I don't like record companies getting a big chunk).

Los Campesinos! are quite a hectic sounding band that have a lot of variation within  their music, including synths, keyboards, guitars, and violins with a vocalist that puts a large amount of emotion into every song. Be sure to check out 'You'll Need These Fingers For Crossing' and 'Year In Lists' as these are two of my favorite tracks by this band.


ListeN!

-
V

No comments:

Post a Comment